Monday, May 24, 2010

Thanks for Helping Me Learn and Grow: Teacher Gifts

{Updated with FREE Printable Tag}

With the school year closing, I have been trying to come up with a gift for my son's preschool teachers. I wanted something fun to express my gratitude for the way they have loved my little guy throughout the school year. They really have helped him to learn and grow into the amazing person he is becoming. Once I figured out exactly what it was that I wanted to say, the rest fell into place. 

I found these cute plants -with containers, at Wal-mart. I used hot-glue to add a little bit of ribbon and a button, just to jazz things up a bit. Then I tied a little ribbon to the end of a ruler and taped a card on that I made with the sweet sentiment ,"Thanks for Helping me Learn and Grow!" 


Perfect!!! What a fabulous gift, don't you think? I love this idea because it is so versatile! Plants can be found to fit just about every personality and budget! The same is true for containers - you could even just use a pack of bedding plants if you wanted. Use ribbon, don't. Whatever, just make it your own!


New!!!! Print these free tags to use for your teacher gift! I used a 3" scallop circle punch. If you don't have one, use a clear glass as a template, turn it upside down, center it around the tag, trace around the tag, and cut it out. 
Learn and Grow Printable

I would love to hear about your teacher gift ideas!

I am sharing this idea with:
Making
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

SYS Teachers
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment