Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fabulous Fluffy Fruit Dip



I realize that there is nothing original about marshmallow creme and cream cheese mixed together as a fruit dip - however, I HAVE to share this recipe with you -it's the same, and yet, oh-so-different! My son came home from preschool raving about a special fruit dip that a classmate brought for snack. "Mom, you have to get the recipe!!!" So I asked my friend Mandy if she would share her "special recipe." She said, "You know, marshmallow creme, cream cheese and a little milk".... 

Hmmm, I thought, "I have made this a hundred times, and my kids really never even noticed." So I asked for a little more info, and she helped me out. Now either my kiddo's obsession with marshmallow creme and Fluffer Nutters is expanding, or Mandy simply found perfection.... Maybe a little of each, but I'm leaning towards the latter! Here goes,

Fabulous Fluffy Fruit Dip

3-7 oz. jars of marshmallow creme
2-8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
a splash of milk

Beat your cream cheese until there are no lumps. Add marshmallow creme and beat some more. As everything is mixing add a splash of milk to help the mixture come together. I would start with a tablespoon or two and stop when you get that perfect dipping consistency. (Next time I will measure more carefully). Enjoy with fresh fruit!


Now, I realize this sounds like A LOT of fruit dip - but trust me; the only problem I have had with this recipe is running out! Everyone loves it! In the past, I used 1 package of cream cheese, with one jar of marshmallow creme.... it was okay, but there must be something special about this 3:2 ratio - and the milk really does help everything come together in a smooth and wonderful kind of way. Try it and see what you think. I can't wait to serve a platter of fresh fruit with empty skewers and mini cups of this dip so that guests can build their own fruit kabobs and enjoy their very own serving of this fabulous dip. Perfect for those hot summer evenings that are soon to be here!

Thanks, Mandy for sharing your super fun and yummy recipe! You're the best!

This recipe is participating in the Summertime Challenge at
Visit thecsiproject.com
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment