Monday, May 10, 2010

Caramel Apple Dip


Please excuse my photo! I haven't ever seen a left-handed camera, and I could have really used one for this picture! I was trying to hold the apple while balancing the dip in my left hand and trying to use my right hand to control the camera and keep the connected lens cap and camera strap out of the shot. Yes, my lens cap took a bath in the caramel dip! I will try for another shot sometime when I have a helper! In the meantime, if you come across a left-handed camera let me know! Anyways, this is one of those recipes that everyone loves and someone always asks for the recipe. You can never go wrong pairing apples with caramel.  As if caramel isn't good enough by itself, add a little cream cheese, some brown sugar, vanilla, and marshmallow creme and hold on to your taste buds! It's so good!

Caramel Apple Dip


8-oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup  caramel ice cream topping (Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel is amazing)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (7-oz.) jar of marshmallow creme


Beat cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in marshmallow creme.  Serve with sliced apples. Refrigerate any leftover dip to enjoy another time!


*Note - For best results, cut and serve apples immediately. If you need to prepare apples ahead of time, or are concerned they will brown on your buffet table you can place about 3 sliced apples, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons water into a large ziploc baggie turning until everything is mixed and coated well. To serve, drain well.


I'm sharing with


Blessed with Grace

Beauty and Bedlam
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment