Friday, May 28, 2010

Graduation Cap Cookies





My little man graduated from preschool today and wanted to take something fun to share with his classmates. I love projects like these because they are so much fun to make with kids! In my experience, if the kiddos help, they are even more excited to share! I originally saw these in a magazine and they were called S'mores Graduation Caps. They were darling, but they required cutting marshmallows in two and hand-dipping them into chocolate candy melts before assembling them into the caps. I knew our sweet little preschoolers weren't going to care if I skipped the work and just used peanut butter cups - and my son was all but thrilled to help unwrap the candy. Not only were they super easy, they were a hit!

Graduation Cap Cookies

Reeses Miniature Peanut Butter Cups 
Keeblers Deluxe Grahams (Fudge Covered Graham Crackers)
Chocolate Frosting
Vanilla Frosting
Mini M&M's

Unwrap candy (it was helpful to refrigerate them first, so they didn't melt all over as my son worked with them). Place a little frosting on the bottom of the candy (the small end) and place a cookie on top. Pipe tassels  on top with the vanilla frosting and add a M&M for the cap. Simple. Cute. Tasty.


Wouldn't they be perfect on top of cupcakes? In case you are wondering what Keeblers Deluxe Grahams (Fudge Covered Graham Crackers) might look like at the grocery store - you are looking for a package like this:


What a wonderful day! Congrats to my little graduate and future paleontologist!


This project is participating in 
Visit thecsiproject.com
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment