Friday, April 16, 2010

One Little Dandelion

The Girl Creative
If you haven't heard about it, New Friend Friday is a fabulous place to meet new blogging buddies. I love NFF because it feels a little more personal than a lot of other parties of this sort. It feels like what I have to say just might matter to someone out there -and that counts for something!

Today, New Friend Friday asks

This week I'd like to know what the hightlight of your week was. If you could narrow it down, what was the best thing that happened to you this week?

This is easy... the dandelion! My Carter, he is five, and he gains a little more independence each and every day. While I try to celebrate all the wonderful ways he is finding his own little unique place in this world, there is a place in my heart that is saddened by how quickly he is growing. I cannot imagine my world when he is grown and gone. I know, I know, how does this relate to a dandelion? Well, when I picked him up from preschool the other day, he was anxiously waiting for me with a single dandelion he had picked for me at playtime. He made my day - actually my week - maybe even longer. He thought of me. Without prompt or suggestion, he thought of me. He knew I was with him even when I was away. I love him so! I would choose that dandelion over any other bouquet in the entire world!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment