Friday, June 4, 2010

Tollhouse Cookie Pie Bars

I thought I might share my brand new favorite treat...Tollhouse Cookie Pie Bars. I adore these sweet little delights! They start with a simple crust made with brown sugar and butter (need I say more?) and are topped with a nutty gooey chocolate layer.
I am convinced this is what heaven tastes like! Here's the recipe

Tollhouse Cookie Pie Bars
*adapted from Nestle's Chocolate Walnut Pie Bars

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (12-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips (@ 2 cups)
1 (8-oz. pkg.) chopped walnuts (@ 1 3/4 cups)

*Note - The recipe called for 1-1/2 cups nuts, which left only 1/4 cup left in the bag. Rather than waste them or leave them to get lost in my pantry, I simply add the entire bag.

Preheat oven to 350. Beat flour, butter, and brown sugar in a bowl until crumbly. Press onto bottom of greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Meanwhile, beat sugar, eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla together in a large bowl. Stir in semi-sweet chips and walnuts; pour over hot crust.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until center is set (it may look a little puffy, but will settle into a wonderful gooey chocolate layer as it cools). Cool completely in pan on wire rack -if you can resist! Cut and enjoy! Seriously, these are my new fav! Give them a try and let me know what you think! I would love to know!

If you like cookie bars, here are some more yummy recipes to check out!!!

This recipe is being featured at Between the Lines today! Thanks, Kelly, for inviting me over- what an amazing place you have! Stop over and say hi if you have a chance!

I'm sharing this recipe with
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment