Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Choc-oat-nut Refrigerator Cookies (No Bake Cookies)


Father's Day is almost here so I thought I might share one of my dad's favorite treats (mine too, no surprise there!) Now these aren't your average no bake cookies! I know this because once upon a time, the recipe was almost lost (at least, I thought it was). I was raiding Momma Daisy's recipe cupboard searching for this very recipe and it was nowhere to be found. Immediately, I turned to the internet only to find dozens of no-bake recipes, but none like this. Such disappointment! They all had peanut butter or chow mien noodles or even used brownie mixes.  Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with any of those things, but I couldn't find our recipe, one that used semi-sweet chocolate chips, marshmallows, butter, oats, and coconut. Thankfully Momma Daisy came to the rescue and found hers. Whew - I am not sure what I would do without her! Well, I'll get along to the recipe now -

Choc-oat-nut Refrigerator Cookies (No Bake Cookies)

6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup butter
16 large marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup coconut
2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)

Cover cookie sheet with wax paper. Set aside

Melt chocolate chips, butter, and marshmallows together (This can be done either in the microwave or on the stove top.) Remove from heat.

Stir in vanilla, oats, and coconut. 

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper and refrigerate.

Super easy and super yummy! I wish you all a very happy Father's Day!

PS - Just a little thought on the coconut.... I know coconut is one of those things people either love or hate, but in this recipe it is amazing. I have had people who despise coconut devour these cookies before I could even give warning - and love them. And what would a little coconut secret hurt anyways? I would never do a thing like that! Would I?!?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment