Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oreo Creme Cake

* Recipe adapted from Kraft Philadelphia

I don't even know where to begin with this recipe! My son fell in love with it and wanted to make it for Father's Day since my hubby likes Oreos. I am not in the habit of sharing recipes that are not tried and true, much less that I haven't even tasted (... I know!) but that is the case with this cake. We made it for a Father's Day barbecue and then my son ended up sick and we couldn't go. I dropped the cake off because I said I would bring dessert and went home to my poor little guy! NO CAKE FOR ME! I can tell you that everyone was oohing and ahhhing  just at the sight of it (someone even asked if I hire out)! Momma Daisy returned my plate and said it was devoured and there wasn't even a crumb left to bring back. For now, I guess we will have to take their word for it - at least until I have another excuse to make it.

Oreo Creme Cake
*Recipe adapted from Kraft Philadelphia

1 pkg (2-layer size) devils' food chocolate cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hines) AND according ingredients
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate (Use a good baking chocolate bar! I used Ghiradelli)
1/4 cup butter
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups thawed Cool Whip
12 Oreo cookies, crushed

Bake cakes, as directed on package in 2 (9-inch) round pans. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes and invert onto wire racks. Gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.

Microwave chocolate and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cool 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Gently stir in thawed  Cool Whip and crushed cookies. Stack cake layers on plate, spreading cream cheese mixture between layers. Spread top with chocolate glaze. If glaze becomes too thick, microwave on high 20-30 seconds or until desired consistency. Let stand until firm. Keep refrigerated. 


If you are lucky enough to get a taste of this cake, would you please let me know what you think?!?!


If you are looking for a fabulous cake, you just might like this Chocolate Mousse Crunch Cake!!!


I am sharing this recipe with Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table
Photobucket
Want more Crazy Daisy? Have it delivered straight to your inbox!!!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment