Monday, November 1, 2010

Popcorn Cake (Trick-or-Treat Cake)


My junior high years are laced with memories of this cake. We made it all the time - not only did we use it as after school snacks, we used it for Christmas and even birthday gifts!!! It's sort of like a popcorn ball gone WILD - the giant, chewy version bold enough to sneak in some M&M's and peanuts.   SUPER YUM! I made this one with the M&M's left over from my little brother's wedding, it is also missing the peanuts because sadly, my kiddos are weird about nuts in their desserts. I have even used Peanut M&M's before and skipped the peanuts - a two-fer if you like (a little cheaper than buying both the peanuts and the M's, but you still get both fabulous tastes)! And suppose, if you really love nuts, you could go crazy adding both Peanut M&M's and peanuts. Why not use almonds... Ok, I think you get the picture. 

I hope you all had a very happy Halloween! With the exception of a sick three year old, before candy sick, we sure did. And while I was looking at those huge buckets of candy, it hit me - why not use some of it in a popcorn cake? You could totally substitute any assortment you want for the M's! Reeses Pieces, candy corn, Milk Duds, maybe even mini Twix chopped into two pieces, I bet you could even chop Twizzlers into bite-size pieces. The possibilities are endless! And what a totally fun way to get rid of,  use some of that mountain of candy we all have piled around just tempting us! I think I will call it Trick-or-Treat Cake! 


Popcorn Cake (Trick-or-Treat Cake)
*Recipe by Crazy Daisy

3 qts. popped popcorn
1 (16 oz.) bag mini marshmallows
1/4 cup oil
1 stick butter
1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
1 (16 oz.) bag M&M's.

Grease bundt pan (angel food cake pan or 9x13 works, too) using butter or cooking spray.

Pop corn. Remove kernels. Pour it into a large bowl.

Melt marshmallows, oil, and margarine. Gently stir in popcorn. Add peanuts and M&M's and stir gently. Press into prepared pan. After cool, turn on to plate to cut and serve.

If you decide to make Trick-or-Treat Cake, use about a total of three cups of your added candies and nuts. Let me know how it turns out! 

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend   wrap    up           party!


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special










Photobucket
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment