Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wishing You a Happy First Day of School {Free Back to School Printable}


It's that time of year again! We are busy getting ready to head back to school. I have to admit that it's my least favorite time of the year. While my son counts down the days until he gets to go back to school, see his friends, his teacher, and to learn, I am singing the Back To School Blues. He is so excited. I am anything but excited. I miss him already. I am sad, sad for myself. But really, I am thrilled for him. I love that he loves school, is so eager to learn, and has an amazing group of little buddies to play with. I wouldn't want it any other way, but that doesn't make it any easier. I wanted something fun to sneak in his lunch box, just to let him know I was thinking of him and hoping his day was happy. It turns out I wasn't so sneaky. He saw me working on the idea and wants to take them to share with his classmates.  Maybe we will just have to make some extras for my mom to take to her new fifth graders! Wouldn't they be a fun surprise to get from your teacher? However you decide to use them, I hope you have some fun adding a little happiness to someone's day.



Happy First Day of School Apples
*by Crazy Daisy

You'll need:
White card stock, they print 6 to a page, so plan according
Scissors
Hole punch
Gummy worms, at least one per printable
Embellishments, I used Pea Pod twine from The Twinery
Treat bags, optional, but I like because the worms aren't wrapped. I used the Wilton 4x9.5-inch ones from the baking isle at Walmart

Use the below Scrib'd link to download and print apples. Cut the apples out. I kept the boxes around them so they would sit straight in the treat bags, but you could cut the apple only if you wanted. Use hole punch to cut holes in the upper right corner of your apple. Punch four or five holes overlapping with each other to make it appear as if a worm has chewed through the apple. Insert gummy worm into the hole so that the face is in front. Embellish as desired, if you want. Place in treat bag, and tie. Wouldn't it be fun to line the bottom of the bag with extra worms?


Happy First Day of School Apple

For some reason, the words appears fuzzy, but they print just fine. Enjoy those last few summer days! What do you do to make that first day extra special?
Photobucket
This project is participating in
Visit thecsiproject.com
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment