Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tortilla Relish

Who doesn't love a good party? And a party can't be good without good food, right!?! What's better than food that tastes amazing and is actually healthy? That's what I love about this dip! It never fails, I am always, ALWAYS asked for this recipe- and for those of you who have been waiting... I finally delivered! Fun, fresh, and perfect for any party!

Tortilla Relish

1 1/2 cups corn, frozen works well or cut kernels from grilled or boiled corn on the cob
1 1/2 cups sliced black olives
1 1/2 cups  chopped red pepper
4 tablespoons diced onion
4 grated garlic cloves
2 teaspoons oregano
4 tablespoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons olive oil
2/3 cups apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste (optional)
4 chopped avocados

*Note- Sometimes I substitute tomato for the red pepper or use half tomato and half red pepper.

Combine garlic, onion, oregano, lemon juice, oil, and vinegar in a shallow dish, like a pie plate. Stir well. Add corn, olives, and red pepper. Stir to combine. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Just before serving, add avocados, add salt and pepper to taste if desired. Serve with tortilla or pita chips.

I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as my family and friends do!!!! I was hoping to post my recipe for blueberry pie soon, my house smelled so very yummy last night. However, it was eaten before I could even snap a shot!  Maybe next time!

Photobucket
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment