Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Crazy Star Quilt


I have been so excited to share this with you, which required snatching it from Momma Daisy (Christmas gift) for a few minutes in order to snap a few pictures, so it took a little while. BUT here it is!!! It was my very first quilt and I adore it! It only takes one look to know that it isn't your typical granny quilt. You could say it puts the Crazy in Daisy! Mystery solved - except for figuring out exactly what it is that makes me tick this way! Aren't the colors

yummy??? They remind me of a bowl or sherbet! Way too much fun!!! And the fabric, mostly batik, has so much detail -



Can you see the dragonflies? If you look closely at the stitching



you can find butterflies... do you see it? Didn't my wonderful friend Marge Nield, do such an amazing job with the machine quilting? Every star has a different pattern stitched around it, BEAUTIFUL!!! Just for fun, let me show you the back,



isn't the color amazing? And I had to put that one extra star somewhere! As I mentioned, this quilt was a gift for Momma Daisy! Even with all it's craziness, it's perfect! Momma Daisy is a bright star always shining in my life -what a way to share that thought! And the craziness is all me! Before I forget, the pattern is Buggy Barn's Crazy Star pattern. I love Buggy Barn patterns! In fact, I am working on truck/tractor quilts for my boys right now. Thanks for letting me share! I hope you enjoyed your visit!

Participating in The CSI Project
Visit thecsiproject.com

Photobucket
Don't want to miss anything? Have Crazy Daisy delivered directly to your inbox!!!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment