Saturday, March 19, 2011

Books and Brew {Celebrate Reading With A Starbucks Book Date}


"The more that you read,
 the more things you will know. 
The more that you learn, 
the more places you'll go"
.... Dr. Seuss

Literacy is one of the most important gifts we can give our children. As a mom, and a teacher, I believe this from the bottom of my heart. And yet, I know that in the commotion of our lives it can be difficult to find the time to read with our kids, let alone to actually celebrate it. So one day I had my son load up his favorite books and we headed for Starbucks. He with his cocoa (and mini-donut), and I with my latte, cozied down into one of their posh chairs and lost ourselves in the adventures of his favorite books. Between Starbucks' pampering ambiance and comforting drinks, and my kiddo's enchanting story books, and loving companionship, we found perfection. A few hours after our date my son said, "Do you know what dates are for? Love!"~ mission accomplished. What a wonderful tradition to bring into our lives. I foresee many more Books and Brew dates in our future. Why not grab your kiddos, a pile of their favorite books, and head out on your own reading date? What could be better... unless Starbucks got wind of our campaign and offered kids free beverages when accompanied by an adult and their favorite book? One can dream, right? But seriously, where would you go to have your own book date? Or do you already have your own reading traditions? 

PS - Would you like to add to your home library? Justin Matott, is offering a chance for facebookers to earn one of his books for free! All you have to do is ask your friends to visit The Works of Justin Matott, like the page and leave a comment telling them that you sent them! Get ten friends to follow through, and he will send you one of his books. Go check it out! I would appreciate it if you started your campaign by clicking like, and letting him know that I (Crazy Daisy) sent you ~ its a click and tell!**Sorry, this book offer has expired!**

Photobucket
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment