Saturday, September 11, 2010

Olive Nacho Dip

I don't know about you, but I am always looking for fresh recipe ideas. Don't get me wrong, I love a good spinach dip, and if someone puts onion dip in front of me I simply cannot help myself (In fact, I have come to believe that onion dip is pure EVIL). Some recipes are classics for a reason they are just too good to let go of! But, I am always searching for new recipes that I love and know will soon be added to my collection of favorite go-tos. You know, those wonderful recipes you can rely on to be perfect every time! This is one of those recipes. While not very will known, it is soooo very yummy, quickly devoured, and often requested that I have to share it with you. I was first introduced to Olive Nacho Dip at at friends house (Thanks, Kristi) and cautiously tried it because I am not a huge fan of green olives - but they add a wonderful flavor to this dip. I was hooked - it is pure cheesy heaven! I love to serve it with corn chips, but sliced baguettes would also be tasty!

Olive Nacho Dip

8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese 
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup REAL mayonnaise (Bestfoods or Hellmans's)
1/2 cup sliced green olives ( I pat them off so that the juice doesn't over power the dip with flavor)
1 (3.8 oz.) can sliced green olives (about 1 cup)
4 green onions, sliced and optional
1/4 cup green salsa

Preheat oven to 350. Combine all of the ingredients. Place in oven-safe dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve with corn chips or sliced baguette bread for dipping.


I'm sharing this recipe with

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up          party!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment