Friday, April 29, 2011

Orange Creme Frosting


I have a frosting problem. Actually, it's more of a powdered sugar problem! I cannot stand the taste of powdered sugar. In fact, I would rather have my sugar cookies plain, than smothered with powdered sugar frosting... I suppose you could call me a frosting snob! I'm to the point where, if I am going to eat it, it had better be worth every darn calorie!!! The good news is that this frosting tastes nothing like powder sugar! It's made with butter, cream cheese, orange juice, orange zest, and yes, some powdered sugar, but it's totally disguised by all the other wonderful flavors AND totally worth the calories! It's super yummy (my boys licked the bowl clean) and finishes off this Orange Creme Cake perfectly, but it would be just good on vanilla or even chocolate cupcakes.

Orange Creme Frosting
Recipe by Jasey's Crazy Daisy, adapted from How Sweet It Is

2 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
3 1/3 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons of orange juice, use the not from concentrate kinds for best flavor
1 orange, zested (@ 1/8 cup)

Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Mix in juice and zest. Add sugar and mix until combined. This frosting is rather thick and yummy, if you want a thinner frosting, add orange juice or milk by the tablespoon until desired consistency is reached.

I'm sharing this yumminess with these parties!
Photobucket
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment