Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Strawberry Banana Delight


I was reviewing my Recipe Box, and discovered that somehow this recipe had been left out. What a shame! It is delightful, and one of our Easter favorites and therefore warrants reposting! I didn't want any of you to miss out on this one.  This salad, is always on my Grandmother's Easter table. In fact, in my mind, Easter isn't Easter without it. I guess it's almost like Easter in a spoon for me. How could you go wrong serving strawberries and bananas, swimming in real sweetened whipped cream? Yeah, I know.... it's more like a dessert in disguise than a salad; but if you want to argue with Grandma Daisy, than you go right ahead and try. I think I will just sit back and enjoy my excuse to eat dessert for dinner. Sounds pretty good, don't you think?

Strawberry Banana Salad

2 (16 oz.) cartons of strawberries
3 bananas
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Wash and slice strawberries. I line a collindar with paper towels and place the sliced strawberries on top to soak up any extra water. Can't let that whipped cream get watery can we?



Peel and slice bananas.



In a mixing bowl, beat whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form.

Place strawberries and bananas into a serving bowl. Pour whipped cream on top and gently fold.

Serve or cover and refrigerate until serving. However, this isn't a recipe that keeps well (usually there isn't any left anyways), so you will want to serve it pretty quickly.

A little note - I like more strawberries than bananas, but change the fruit to suit your taste. Also, mine was a little heavy on the cream, so there is extra room for another banana or a few more strawberries if you want to stretch it out a little more. But, I'm telling you, it's pretty yummo just the way it is.

Now you know what's on our Easter table! What's on yours?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment