Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ultimate Sweet and Sour Party Meatballs *EASY*


My boys fell in love with these meatballs at a friends's birthday party! While they were pretty good, they were a little too sweet for me, and I wanted to add  my own tangy twist to the recipe. Cranberry instantly came to mind - and low and behold there was a recipe right on the can of cranberries for Ultimate Party Meatballs!!! Someone else beat me to it! While I wasn't the first to think of this recipe, maybe I will be the first to share the idea with you. I have to say even with as much as my family liked the original meatballs, they adore this tangy slightly less sweet version. If meatballs aren't enough, try this recipe using Little Smokies instead, just as shown here. Do you have a recipe like this? I would love to know which flavors you use!

Ultimate Sweet and Sour Party Meatballs (Easy)
*adapted from Heinz and Ocean Spray

1 (2 lb.) bag frozen meatballs
1 (12 oz.) jar of Heinz Chili Sauce
1 (14 oz.) can of jellied cranberry sauce

Crock Pot - Place meatballs into Crockpot.

In a bowl, stir together chili sauce and cranberry sauce until well combined. If lumps persist, microwave for 15-30 seconds and stir. Pour sauce over meatballs. Set Crockpot on High and cook for 2 hours. Stir occasional. Turn to either warm or low and serve. I usually serve these right out of the Crockpot with a little dish of toothpicks close by - everything tastes better on a stick, right?!?!

Stovetop - (I have never tried this method before, but according to Ocean Spray and Heinz, it works...)

Place sauces in large saucepan and cook over medium-low, stirring until smooth. Add meatballs, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.


 Wasn't that easy? Pretty tasty - and perfect football food!!!

Photobucket
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment