Friday, March 2, 2012

Chewy Mint Chocolate Cocoa Crispy Treats

Pin It
Mint chocolate anything is always one of my favorites. Since this flavor combination seem to be everywhere this time of year, I thought I would share one of my favorite mint chocolatey treats with you. Rice Krispie Treats, meet mint and chocolate. Not only would they be festive topped with shamrock sprinkles or an extra drizzle of green candy melts for St. Patrick's Day, they are a perfectly easy treat for anytime just as they are.

Chewy Mint Chocolate Cocoa Crispy Treats
*Recipe  by Jasey's Crazy Daisy

4 1/2 Tablespoons butter
2 (8 oz.) bags of Jet-Puffed Chocolate Mint Marshmallows
6 cups Cocoa Krispies
1/3 cup Andes baking chips

Grease or butter a 8X8 pan. Pour Cocoa Krispies into a large bowl. In another large microwave-safe bowl, melt marshmallows and butter for 60 seconds. Stir. Repeat until mixture is melted and mixed together. Pour over Cocoa Krispies. Stir, using a wooden spoon, until mixed well. Keep mixing until all the crumbs are incorporated. Pour into prepared pan and press to spread evenly. I find it helps to spray my fingers, or a wooden spoon with cooking spray to press the mixture without sticking. Set aside. Place Andes baking chips in a zip-loc baggie. Place in microwave for 20 seconds. Take out and knead to mix. Repeat until mint chocolate is melted. Cut off a small piece of the corner of the bag and drizzle bars with mint chocolate. I usually place them in the fridge to hurry the process (but if you leave them too long, you will have to let them sit out to soften before cutting). Once chocolate has set, cut into bars and enjoy.

*Note - If you omit the Andes mint chocolate drizzle, the mint flavor that results from the marshmallows is very subtle. The drizzle completes the minty taste of these treats perfectly.  Next time I make these, I may even try to mix in some of the Andes baking chips just after the cereal has been stirred into the marshmallow mixture, and has cooled just a bit, before spreading the treats in my pan. Yum!

Now to wrap up a little business by announcing a winner! If you are tuned into my facebook page, you already know who won this cookbook.
If not, our winner is,

I love all of your ideas! My favorite cake is german chocolate cake! The photos you post of your cakes bring back so many memories of my grandma who used to be a cake decorator for many years!
Amanda

Congrats, Amanda, enjoy your new cakebook! What's your favorite mint chocolate treat?
Photobucket
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment