Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sesame Ginger Beef Skewers


 These beef skewers are one of my family's very favorite meals. My son has been begging for "meat-on-a-stick" as he calls it. Mother Nature broke out the sunshine Saturday, so I promised I would make them on Sunday after I did the shopping~ only to grill in a spring blizzard on Sunday. I share this recipe today with hopes that somewhere out there someone lives in a world where the sun is shining and temperatures are perfect for grilling. They were pretty tasty though~ even if the weather was crummy! Here's to grilling in the snow!

Sesame Ginger Beef Skewers
*Recipe by Crazy Daisy

3 lbs flank steak, cut against the grain into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce (trust me, this keeps it from tasting like beef jerky)
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, grated or minced
1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh grated ginger
1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce (it's red, has a green cap, and there's a rooster on the bottle)
1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
skewers

*Note - If you would rather, you can substitute 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger instead of the fresh garlic and ginger. Also, 3 lbs. of meat, serves 6 and I never have anything left. You can just as easily use the same marinade with only 1 1/2 lbs of meat if you are concerned this is too much.


Combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, chili sauce, and sesame oil in a gallon-sized zip-loc bag. Add sliced steak. Close bag and swish it all around until all the meat is covered. Marinate in the fridge for 1-4 hours (even 1/2 hour is better than nothing), turning the bag occasionally. Preheat Grill. Thread steak onto skewers if using wooden skewers, soak them for 1/2 hour first). Cook over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side, or until done, being careful not to overcook meat. Serve immediately.

PS - I forgot to mention that these are gobbled up so quickly, I never have a chance to take a photo! The beef skewers pictured are actually these Orange Thai Beef Skewers, but they really look the same, even though the flavors are completely different, yet equally yummy!

This recipe is participating the the Summertime Challenge at
Visit thecsiproject.com
I share my ideas at these parties!
Photobucket
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment