Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Recipe Bridal Shower

There is not only one, but three weddings in my near future, two of which are happening somewhere other than where I live. Both of these brides are very dear to my heart, and I know if I were closer, I would throw showers for them. There has to be some fun way to celebrate with them! And than I remembered an idea that my husband's cousin Codi came up with when her little brother was getting married... a Recipe Bridal Shower. What a perfect idea! Here's how it works...

First, you ask the bride, or someone close to the bride if you a going for a surprise, to send you addressses of those close family members or friends that she would like to receive recipes from (technically the invitation list).

While you are waiting for the addresses, you create cute little invitation cards. Not your normal invite, since there isn't actually a party to attend, but you are inviting them to help celebrate in a special way...


Next, purchase a fun little recipe book like this (you may have to purchase additional cards):


Take the cards and send them to the bride's guest list. You may want to include self-addressed stamped envelopes to encourage your guests to respond with their favorite recipes.


Voila! As the bride compiles her recipes into the cookbook, she creates a special wedding keepsake. Isn't that fun?

And let's not leave that third bride out just because she lives in town.  With just a few adjustments of the invite card, I am using the, Wedding Cookbook, as her gift.
Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment